Laundry Day
While we were in the States, our dryer broke. We bought it used so it wasn't a great surprise but what was a great surprise is how much I took my dryer for granted while we had it! In the summer the sun is so hot that the clothes are typically dried before the next load comes out of the washing machine. However, in the winter, the air is so wet that the clothes doesn't get dry for days. So a dryer allows us to get the laundry done in one day, which is really great with the amount of washing we do! We typically hang our clothes up outside unless it's raining (which is typical for the winter months) and then I hang them inside by the wood fire.
Our new dryer arrived at the end of last week and it's changed my life! So much better and more efficient. A dryer is a luxury for a woman here and I'm thankful to have one!


Comments