Fall Granola
Last week in Nashville, my friend made us some delicious fall granola and I had to try it this week! It's super easy and delicious, in my opinion, so I thought I would share the recipe on here.
You will need:
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
First mix together the pure maple syrup, olive oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Chop your pecans up and add them to the rolled oats and sunflower seeds. As a side note, next time I would add more pecans- maybe up the total to 2 cups.
Pour the liquid on top of the dry ingredients and spread out on a baking sheet with either a baking mat or parchment paper on the baking sheet. Place in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, mix the granola around and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes. I did the mixing 3 times, making total baking time 1 hour. You can determine for yourself how crunchy and brown you like your granola.
The finished product is yummy on yogurt or even by itself with milk!
I think this could make a nice fall gift as well in a mason jar with some cute ribbon tied around it, that is if you don't eat it first.
Enjoy!






Comments