One Month Celebration
It's funny that this is titled "One Month Celebration" as we are in fact, 6 weeks into this corona-thing. However, I wanted to remember this sweet day two weeks ago that we celebrated one month of lockdown.
A lot of life I happening around this kitchen table. I never would have imagined that outside life would grind to a halt yet inside life would flourish, in some ways, better than before. We are eating more dinners together, coloring more pictures together, doing school work together, enjoying board games together all around this kitchen table.
For our one month celebration I made Southern corn bread with honey, drumsticks, green beans, and a bundt cake.
After dinner, I surprised the kids with "Student of the Month" certificates for each of them. It sounds corny but they were really excited and thought it was fun!
Jacob received the "Most Eager to do Time4Learning" award for the month of March.
Abram earned the "Hardest Worker on ABC Mouse" certificate.
Sam received the "Most Improved Attitude" award for March.
Abigail was awarded the "Best Letter Tracer" certificate.
For March, Andrew was awarded the "Neatest Handwriting Award".
A friend who lived in the land for MANY years once told me that they celebrated everything and that helped make hard times more fun. She said they celebrated language achievements, celebrated milestones, birthdays, anything they could to bring some light to dark situations. I just love that and thought one month was a good reason to celebrate!
Hope you can celebrate something great today, too!
Comments
Love!