Valentine's Party

Today I was happy to host a Valentine party for ladies from our fellowship here.  A little back story is that at the beginning of January I spoke with the pastor's wife and asked about having a party.  She said it sounded like a good idea and we could talk about dates at another time.  So last week I spoke with her again and she held a little impromptu meeting with the ladies and they all agreed with was way too cold to have a party.  She said maybe we could have it in two months when it is spring.  That was last Thursday... fast forward to last Sunday- 3 days ago- and I received a phone call saying that the weather would be nice on Wednesday and the ladies could come to my house then!  I agreed and we were on to host a party.

I didn't know how many ladies would come but I ended up with 10 ladies.  The great thing is they were from college aged students to ladies in their 60's, it was so exciting to see them arriving.  I had decorated the house before today for the holiday but did change up the chalkboard for our "theme" for the party.  I was able to speak on 1 John 4:19 and we ended our devotional time with singing in English and some songs in Arabic.
I didn't take any pictures during the party because I got too busy with the ladies and the twins but all of the ladies made bags with hearts on them to take home.  Easy and fun.  They also took home a little Valentine gift of pink candies.

I had cooked a few things but all of the ladies brought food, too.  We had a bunch of food and a good time of fellowship together.  I was so glad that it turned out well and one of the ladies told me when she left that "we will never forget this day."  It was a wonderful time and I am glad to have been able to connect with these ladies on a different level than we have been before.


Comments

Dad and Mom said…
Beautiful idea...sweet fellowship!
Anonymous said…
Good thing the weather turned nice - Sounds like a great time as had by all. Three days notice, nice work Elizabeth :)
Love,
S&A
Collier News said…
I love your chalkboard!! You always do a great job on it! I'm going to start copying yours instead of Pinterest :)!!
Anonymous said…
Doors are being opened in more ways than one. Great job! Love, Mom J
Gazagirl said…
I wish you'd look at those tassels you made! Did the ladies like all your decorations? The bags turned out so cute.
So thankful that it all turned out so well….they may welcome you into that fellowship after all… sigh.
GOOD JOB!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025