The Rest of the Week
I did a good job blogging at the beginning of the week and then fell off. So, here is the rest of the week!
This is SOOO random but Andrew is OCD about toe lint. When he would come home from school, he would immediately go into the bathroom and clean out between his toes. He would also do it before bed or whenever changing socks. It bothers him when Abigail or Abram has toe lint. Today the weather was beautiful and the babies were hanging out with just onesies on. I looked over and Andrew was cleaning out toe lint form between Abigail's toes! Funny and weird all in one!! :)
Hap went out of town again today and so the boys and I busted out some craft supplies someone donated for us to use while we are here. As you can see, Sam made a bracelet and a necklace. The other boy's made the same. He also drew a picture of Africa.
Like I said, today was absolute perfection in terms of weather. Tonight we played outside a bit before bath and bed. Nothing like eating ice cream in the canoe. Here is our back yard for our time in the States. I can't say it enough and you will hear it over and over, we are SO thankful for this house, the yard, everything! It's so amazing for the kids and a retreat for Hap and I.
Riding bikes! There is the house in the background.
I guess Jacob moved but I bought some go-gurt for the boys this week. You know, yogurt in a tube. I think this is the first time they have had this and they loved it. The box is all gone and it is added to the grocery list for this coming week.
Oh and earlier in the week we opened up some turtle eggs from Art and Sue (Hi Art and Sue!) and watched them hatch. Even though they are not real turtles, it was fun to be patient (ok, that wasn't so fun) and watch the turtles slowly hatch out of their eggs.
Some flowers in the front yard of the house. I think I had forgotten just how much I love the warmer spring temperatures, the beautiful flowers and budding trees, and the rumble of spring thunderstorms that I am hearing now! Everything is beautiful and green.
The property is large and on Thursday the guys spent the afternoon outside with their dad helping to clean up sticks in preparation to mow. They enjoyed being with their dad and helped out a lot!
Fun!
Moving the sticks behind the barn. I didn't get a picture but they did a little burning of some dry sticks. The boys had a blast watching the fire and then being the bucket brigade to put it out!
Other high lights from the week... we are int he process of getting a tutor lined up for Sam. Sam loved meeting with the potential tutor and had fun speaking Arabic with him. The babies had a physical this week and I will post more about that next week when they turn 4 months. I went to a craft night at the church and HAD A BLAST! I thought I had a picture but I made a necklace but mostly enjoyed laughing and chatting with precious friends, so good for the soul.
I have dishes to do and laundry to fold, so I better get off. However, Sunday clothes are laid out, the diaper bag packed, and breakfast ready to be served because I have learned (the hard way) that Sunday morning goes better if Saturday night I prep!
So blessed and refreshed by this week!
Comments
So happy to hear the boys actually "hatched" their turtle eggs. I believe their two traveling cousins waited about 3.5 seconds to "prematurely hatch" the eggs 😇 Good thing they are not real.
Enjoy your beautiful home away from home.
Love,
S&A