Randoms
A few weeks ago, Hap bought and had installed a wood stove in our house. The reality of living here in the winter is that once the concrete gets cold and the house gets cold, on the inside, there is no heating the entire house. Few places have central heat and people rely on propane heaters, electric radiator heaters, or wood burning stoves. After near freezing last year... think 34 degrees in our bedroom when we woke up... we decided to invest in a wood stove. Wood is plentiful here and the stove is locally made.
With installing the stove, we had to rethink our living arrangements and flip flopped our living room and our dining room. It is certainly warm in our house tonight, I wish I had a picture of the fire blazing because it is pretty, and we are hopeful that it will keep us warmer for cheaper this winter. Even though I was VERY skeptical of the stove, it is working out great so far! I'll post better pictures of it sometime.
I brought my Kitchen-Aid mixer with us from the States and since it has an American plug, every time I use it I have to hook it up to a converter. We only have one large converter and it requires a large converter, which is also being used for other things. The converter is VERY heavy, so the other day while making homemade pretzels for pretzel dogs I decided it would be easier to move the mixer into the other room than move the converter. I just had to laugh because life here is different but we just get used to doing things different!! :)
The boys are getting super excited about the upcoming arrival of their new baby sister and baby brother. The love to feel my belly and watch it move. Today, we (finally... I had been waiting) had a discussion about exactly how these babies will be getting out of my belly. Funny stuff. Anyway, yesterday Hap was gone all day and after the boys arrived back from school it was rainy and we needed to stay inside. So, we started the stove and made a paper chain so that they can see how many approximate days until the babies arrive. Now, this morning, they ripped off four... they are just as hopeful as I am! :)
Good week and ready for another good week!
Comments
Love the "baby chain" - Counting Down the days.
Love,
S&A