Weekend of Food
When I planned my meals for the weekend, I realized that they were all new recipes from Pinterest. I'll show you what we ate this weekend!
First recipe was crockpot Orange chicken. It was a hit with everybody.
On Saturday morning I tried an overnight baked french toast recipe. Powdered sugar is different here so I finally used some of the powdered sugar that a team brought from the States.
Hap and I liked the baked french toast but the boys didn't care for it. Well, they liked the french toast but they didn't like the powdered sugar.
For lunch I made pretzel dogs. They were a little labor intensive but maybe were the biggest hit with the boys all weekend! I think I am going to make some and send in their lunches this coming school year. (They kinda look gross in this picture but I did learn that I should have wrapped them in a thinner layer of pretzel dough before boiling and baking.)
On Sunday we ate crockpot taco bowls. Someone brought us cheddar cheese from a neighboring country, so we enjoyed that on top of the taco bowl. This recipe is so easy and everyone enjoys it!
Last night we had friends over and they all commented I must be trying to get the cold weather to come with my pumpkin oatmeal creme pies. I didn't get to try them because the plate was empty by the time I came back into the kitchen but by the empty plate, I'm assuming they were good! And to clarify, I am NOT really for cold weather but just a little cooler weather!! :)
I enjoy trying to new recipes and all of these recipes were well received.
And today, well it's leftover day!
:)
(PSA: I hope to be better at blogging this week but my university class is taking more time than I anticipated. 6 more days!!)
Comments
Love,
S&A