Jacob's Week
This has been a rather eventful week and one in which I hope to never experience again. On Tuesday at my language tutor I received a phone call from Jacob's daycare saying that he was sick and I needed to come get him. When I arrived, he was sleeping and they said he started the day off fine but slowly began to look pale and started crying. They took his temperature and it was 104 degrees. They gave him some medicine and he fell asleep.
When I picked him up, he perked up and even ate a light lunch. His temperature went down and he laid down for a nap. Hap decided to lay down with him. About an hour into his nap, Hap woke up to Jacob having a seizure. Hap yelled for me and I came back to the room to see him having a seizure. I ran downstairs to get our intern who is living with us and started running next door to find out the emergency number. Hap came down with Jacob, who was still having the seizure, and we sped to the hospital.
He stopped having a seizure on the way to the hospital and his temperature had spiked again to 104 degrees. The doctor wanted us to go to the children's hospital, so we headed that direction after they gave him some medicine to bring his temperature down. He looked horrible and seemed to be having difficulty breathing!
After giving him a cool bath and some more medicine, he temperature started to come down. The hospital ran labs and determined that it was just a febrile seizure. The doctor said it probably was a one time occurrence and that he would recover just fine. He took a strong medication for 24 hours and we monitored him closely during that time for his fever to spike again.
He was fully recovered by Thursday afternoon and even had enough energy to go outside and play fireman (in his pj's!!)
We are so thankful that the Lord protected Jacob during his seizure and has continued to heal his body!!
Comments
Love, Orla Lybrook
Love,
S&A