299/365

There are so many things that I am going to miss about our apartment when we move.  However, one thing that I am NOT going to miss (at all!) is the parking situation.  Not only do we not have enough space to pull in easily to our spot because the neighbor put a chain and a metal post up but people tend to park in places that make no sense to me.

For example, today I was trying to leave with Jacob.  I walked downstairs to see cars parked everywhere and our vehicle (the silver van like vehicle in the back) was blocked in.  
(and yes, I just so happened to have my camera in my purse haha!)  I recognized one of the vehicles, so I went upstairs to ask him to move his car.  He came down, proceeded to open the citroen door in front and honk the horn and bang on the hood hoping the owner would come down... classic!  I had to hunt the owner down on the roof of the other building and he said "just give me 10 minutes."
That brings me to exhibit B.  Our neighbor has four vehicles that he parks down below.  We share a spot with him and I am positive that when we move out he will be removing the pole and taking the entire spot for himself.  I digress... he parks two of his cars in a row with one the vehicles over the back curb.  The other two cars are parked wherever there is open space (see picture #1!)

Parking is such a hot topic around our building that one tenant choose to put a parking sign up "forbidden to stop here, special parking".  I laughed out loud when I saw them drilling the signs into the concrete!  However, as you can see from the first picture, people still park in front of the spot, just not in the spot.  So the sign is helpful :) 

I think I posted pictures of the spray paint job that was done to designate a special parking spot but more chains have been added as well.  These chains belong to a woman who will live in the building for only 2 months out of the year when she visits her house in the summer.  So, for the other 10 months the large parking spot remains empty.  Seems legit!

Another spray paint job for Floor 4 parking!  Thankfully "F4" works well with the large letter "F" that was spray painted by the previous tenant "Fadi".

And to protect his vehicle from chain scratches, this gentlemen put a bunch of foam and tape around his chains.  It actually is a pretty good idea!

It is on days like today, when parking is a mess and things don't make sense in my mind, that I am reminded how much I still have to learn about the culture and how much I need the Father to love through me!  On my own, I feel frustrated, but with the Father "we love because He first loved us." (1John 4:19)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just have to laugh it off I guess. I'm afraid I would lose patience too easily there.

Suzanne
Anonymous said…
Patience is a virtue. You have to have it to survive. Won't be long and the parking situation will no longer be but something new might take its place. Time will tell. Love to all. Mom and Dad J
Dad and Mom said…
Sorry, Elizabeth, but had to LOL ;)
If you could come up with a solution...it might be the beginning of world peace! Hang in there...it is only parking.
Heather P. said…
We can relate! Oh my....
Anonymous said…
All you can do is scratch your head and try to laugh it off. That is after you get your own car out.
Love,
S&A
Anonymous said…
In The Bronx we put them in "long term parking". It involved four flat tires. They always got the point. Good time to move...
Art

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025