298/365

Boys are truly unique!!

  Our boys have more energy than I ever would have imagined.  They love to run and jump off anything they can.  They love to use their imaginations and on any given day could be a firefighter or a daddy going to work.  Our boys love to be outside and in the dirt.  Our boys find the word "bathroom" funny.  They prefer mac and cheese and hotdogs over vegetables any day!  They have bruised shins and arms from their play.  Our boys love to wrestle with each other.  

Sometimes I have to remind myself that God created little boys like this and I must choose to embrace the craziness and silliness that comes with three little boys!

But underneath these crazy exteriors are little boys that love to cuddle and read a book.  They enjoy art projects and coloring books.  They enjoy a good game of "eye spy" or "Candy Land".  Boys that help around the house and find great pleasure in being helpful.  Boys that can be found sharing toys so nicely or sitting quietly and looking through their books.  Boys that are sensitive and aware of other people's feelings.

I wouldn't trade my boys for anything in the world!!  I pray that in these years of busyness my focus would always be to raise boys that are growing in character and obedience, growing in love for other people that are different than they are and for their own family, and most of all growing into a relationship with the Father.  Parenting is hard and constant but the rewards are great, and for these three little precious boys... so, so, so worth it!!

My hearts melts...



Comments

Anonymous said…
What a sweet and thoughtful blog post. And what a dedicated, sincere and committed two parents that these boys have. And....we might add, pretty darn good three boys !!!!! Love, Dad and Mom
Anonymous said…
They will grow up but no one can take your memories or your Little big boys from you. Cherish each moment and when you are apart, always in your heart. Love to all! Mom and Dad J
Heather P. said…
Yes, sweet boys come from loving parents. Thanks for the words of encouragement ;).
Bonnie said…
I love my boy, too. I look forward to the years to come of boy-hood.
~Bonnie
Anonymous said…
Little boys run on never-ending ever-ready batteries - They never stop. But they are so cute with big smiles.
Love,
S&A

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025