209/365

Friday I had the opportunity to travel to a city about an hour away.  I have been looking at the fabric district in this city for some time and was happy for a day to finally explore.  We didn't know exactly where it was located and first ended up walking through the huge open market.  Since it was Friday, everyone was out buying sweets and supplies for their weekend.
Literally any kind of coffee that a person could want was available.


This one place brought mini-pies to an entirely new level.  They looked so tasty!


After getting some help from a local, we walked to the next street which was the fabric district.  Practically every store was selling fabric.  A person could buy any type of fabric they might need in this area.

Since it was a pedestrian street, outside in the middle was a craft fair.  All products are made in this country.  I could have spent much longer looking around but we only paid for 2 hours of parking!!


I bought a meter of this fabric and I love it!!  I'm looking forward to sewing with it in the near future, stay tuned.  I am also looking forward to going back, not on a Friday, and looking around some more.  It was such a neat area!

Friday evening, our family went to another breaking of the fast meal with a family we have become friends with.  This was a completely different type of dinner than before, as the family served us and then went to the other room to eat.  The food was delicious, as always!!

After dinner while Hap and the father visited, the boys and I went on a walk with one of the daughters who is about my age.  We then ended up on their roof in a little make shift room they have made to enjoy the view and the wonderful breeze.  We didn't leave until around 10:45 and the boys did wonderful with this late night.  With this family our boys always have plenty of kids to play with and they enjoyed their time as much as we did!

Comments

Dad and Mom said…

The interesting places never seem to stop. Glad you were able to get together with your friend and her family. Good times indeed :)
Grandma and Grandpa J said…
Looks good! Always good to interact with locals. That would have been a late night fo G&G. Love you all.
Tabitha said…
Oh, Elizabeth, what beautiful pictures of the market! I love your photographic eye!
Anonymous said…
Y'all have great fabrics there! What an awesome place! Beth

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025