89/365
The BMI of our town just went up by 2 points!
Yep, that's right, a fast food American chain has opened up and it was hopping with locals when Hap and I went to eat lunch this afternoon. An American restaurant is a first for our town. The restaurant opened a few weeks ago, was clean and even had a great play place in the back for kids.
I went a little sceptical, not expecting the food to be any good. Frankly, I can't remember the last time I ate KFC even in the States but desperate times call for desperate measures, so we went. Looking over the menu was impressive. Instead of each meal coming with mashed potatoes, the meals come with bread (which turned out to be a bun!). Basically the menu was the same fried stuff as in the States, so we got into the mob to order our food.
I commented to Hap that the downfall of this place to me might be the lack of lines. People were desperately trying to figure out a way to get their chicken the fastest... the lines went back as well as sideways. The "line" next to us looked more like a mob than a line. About a minute after saying this someone who was in charge came out and got onto the ladies standing next to us in "line" and told them that they would have to get into line. He was having a bad day! I questioned where the line even was, to myself of course. I sorta felt guilty of thinking bad thoughts and offered the girls to go ahead of us, but they didn't, and then I was glad because I got my chicken first!
We ordered, paid a fair price and I went to find a seat. Lots of seats were available but I took the first one and the nice man came and cleaned the ketchup off. That was really nice and again, truly this restaurant was very clean.
Hap brought the food and we chowed down. I have to say, it was good. I was a little nervous about eating the Cole slaw but it was tasty. We ordered a side of mashed potatoes to try and I would skip it next time. I am a little disappointed about this because I like my carbs! I also am very disappointed that they don't have the biscuits with honey, another good carb.
Before we left, we both agreed that we would be going back to KFC with the kids to enjoy the play place.
Then I went home and scheduled my heart surgery. Not really, but a few more visits and I just might have to.
KFC = Success!!
**KFC did not pay me for this review... but I wish they would have!**
Comments
Love,
S&A