In Arabic the word for mouse is "farr". Whatever you might call it, we have one in the house!
Two weeks ago, we were getting ready to go to bed and we were sitting in the living area. Hap saw the mouse run through the kitchen. We thought it went behind the trash can, but then it wasn't there. I was freaked out going to bed, thinking the mouse would join me at some point during the night. I woke up just fine the next morning and we hunted for some mouse traps. The man next door told us to go to the pharmacy and get some sticky pads for mice. We did this, but the only thing they are catching is dust bunnies... and those aren't nearly as scary as a mouse!
About a week passed and we had no sign of the mouse. Again, we were getting ready to go to bed and I see the mouse run under the bookshelf and then by the wall and under the couch. Hap immediately jumped up and got the broom. I kept an eye out to make sure the mouse didn't go anywhere. When Hap lifted the couch up, there was no mouse! That sneaky thing!
The final straw was on Sunday early morning. I couldn't sleep and was laying wide awake at 1:30am. I heard a rattling noise underneath our bed in some bags we have. I thought "surely not!" About five minutes later I heard more rattling. I woke Hap up and we searched for the mouse. We saw it run from under our bed behind the nightstand and then it was no more.
Over the last two days I have seen some evidence (AKA poop) from the mouse. After telling the story to our language teacher, partially in Arabic and partially in English, he brought over an old school mouse trap. The guys got a piece of pita and soaked it in oil before putting it in the thing. It is placed in our bedroom and I check it every hour or so. I am sure I am scaring away any mouse.
Stay tuned for more exciting Mouse Tails! Hopefully, dead ones!!
Comments