Date Your Man!

My great friend, Amanda, does this little thing on Sunday called...
http://thedailysweatpants.blogspot.com/

Hap and I don't have many opportunities for a date, but we did take advantage of the daycare one afternoon and went to a local falafel place.  My man was ready to eat some falafel when we left our home.
This place is downtown and is one of the restaurants recommended in a Fodder's Travel Guide.  We have eaten there once, and it is SOOOOO delicious!  You can either order a falafel sandwich or a platter and make your own.  We shared a platter, which comes with homemade hummus, tomato and cucumber salad, pickles, peppers, falafel, and pita bread.

I had never had falafel before coming here and I was missing out.  It is basically fried chickpeas and worth every calorie!

We load our pita up with everything and go to town.  Hap even said "This is just as good as a hamburger in the States."  What?!  But he might be right!

I love my man and I love that we spent some time together in the midst of our busyness!


We need to date more often.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your date night! I need to try the felafel if you say it's comparable to a hamburger!

Also, your glass glasses are beautiful!
Anonymous said…
Date night looked like it was a great night! Hap actually said "as good as a hamburger"? I think it does look good. But did Hap actually say that? Keep dating you two. Love, Dad and Mom P.
Aunt Sally said…
Glad you had fun together
Dad and Mom J said…
Always fun to spend time together. Food did look good but since we have not had it, we still have to vote for Jolliff beef!Love to all!
Anonymous said…
I have short-term memmory loss. I might have said that in the context of it being comparable . . . a burger back in the states is as good as it gets . . . and a falafel here is as good as it gets! Indeed, it was good eating and always good to spend time with my ever lovely wife of my youth!
Barbara Cross said…
How cool that Date Your Man has gone international. :)

Darcy raved about the falafels in Egypt, so I finally tried some here at a place called Sam's Gyros. (I was with Bob when I ate them, so I should count that as a date.) They are pretty good.

Love you guys! I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the photos of what you're doing.
Denice said…
I am not good at trying new foods. You are so brave! Glad you enjoyed your date night!
Jennifer said…
I'm glad that you could have a date night and some good food! Great pictures and love your new glasses.
Lindsey said…
that hummus looks fabulous! Glad you got a date with Hap!
Karen S. said…
Looks yummy ! Better than a hamburger I bet ! Enjoy your future date nights !!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025