Yoke

Around here, people don't mow their yard they just plow it with an mule and plow.  For one, the soil is so rocky for a lawn mower and they also think that if you spend time planting, they want a yield.  No yield from grass except a place to play!!  We had the opportunity to watch a man plow our neighbors yard.  Hap had told me earlier in the day that a man was going to come with a mule and plow the yard.  I was unimpressed since Carl has a mule... but this was the real deal:)

Don't tell this man his picture is online, he wasn't happy about a picture!
He did lift both of the boys up for a ride.  John Wayne has arrived!


The plow


This was hard work, for both the man and the mule.  The days here are warm, with it cooling down a bit at night.  This man would pull on the yoke and the mule would go where it should.  He would hit the mule with a stick and he would stop or move faster.  Hard work!!  All I could think about was how Christ's yoke is easy.  Matthew 11:30 says "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  I am so thankful for this truth!


Sweet Andrew!!  He is doing so well (as are the other two).  Yesterday at the park, he let some ladies love on him and kiss on him.  They just can't seem to keep their hands our of his hair!!


It is such a mishmash of cultures here.  Even as I type I hear church bells and the Muslim call to prayer.  There is much technology but yet much that seems to be a century ago.  Some cobble streets with taxi and minibus driving on them.  We have much to learn but we have much to be thankful for!!

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
Matthew 11:29

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love to mow my yard, but this looks a little unusual for this mid-westerner. Unusual sights and experiences surround you. Soak it in! Love, Dad
Jessica Hooley said…
Just got caught up on all your goings-on for the past week or so...so exciting! We think of you often and are praying for your safety. You rock for keeping up the blog so diligently for all of us back home!
Love to you all.
Anonymous said…
I read that verse yesterday! I'm glad you said that thing was a mule because I think it looks like a horse. Still waiting on that camel ride...
Kathy said…
So good to see you today on skype! Want to hear more about this dream...maybe God just wanted you to know that you all have been frequently on my heart and mind and I have enjoyed lifting your family up in prayer. Love all the pics, it helps me and the boys understand the many changes you are going through! May God grant you peace, joy and strength for the many "opportunites" ahead!
Mom said…
I guess mowing lawns in the summer is not an option!?! Unless you have a mule! Thanks for sharing. I miss those blondies!
Connie Easley said…
You all look great! I think of you often and am so proud of you!
Heather P. said…
I also thought it was a horse...haha. I bet Hap will enjoy no yard work for a while! Enjoy, enjoy:)
Anonymous said…
Makes lawn mowing with a rider seem an easy task. Hap didn't train Lobo (horse) to do that when we had him. One of the many Firssts you will experience. Love to all. Mom and Dad J
Anonymous said…
So good to see those faces!!! Kiss them & tell them Carlos & Kiki miss them! We love you guys! Praying for you.
Grandma Betty said…
Love those smiles:)

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025