Connected!

We have internet!!!  What an answer to prayer.  We have been here for five weeks today and have been working on getting the internet for about half that time.

They have this word "inshallah" in Arabic which basically means "God willing."  We heard this over and over again in our quest to get connected to the internet.

Almost four weeks ago Hap made a trip down to the phone company to get us a home phone.  The security guard outside basically told Hap it wasn't going to happen.  That should have been a warning for us if the security guard knows it won't happen.  Inside, Hap found a woman who asked for the landlord's picture ID since we are foreigners.  Obviously, Hap didn't have that.  Ends up, this woman called the landlord and inshallah, he would come down the following weekend to show his ID and give approval.

Weekend came... weekend gone... no internet.

So, when we contacted him again he said he would go down there the following week... inshallah.

Week came... week gone... no internet.

I was beginning to think that inshallah meant "no way!"

We didn't hear anything for a week and when we checked back in, someone else ended up going down to show proof it would be ok for us to get a phone connected.

So, we were all set for them to come the following day... inshallah.

Here we are two weeks later and more than thankful that we have the internet!

I was beginning to think it wasn't God's will for us to get the internet but I am certainly glad we are connected once again!  I hope to be better at blogging now, I have many stories to tell and pictures to share!!

I will do that tomorrow... inshallah!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It was wonderful to read the update on your blog. I'll be watching for pictures...inshallah!
Aunt Mary
aunt heather said…
Welcome back to cyber space! Looking forward to some good stories. Love you all:)
Heather P. said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather P. said…
What are the specs for your zoom lens? I can't find the piece of paper I wrote it on...
Mom and Dad J said…
So glad you have the internet.Always good to be connected. Love to all.
Aunt Mindy said…
Happy dance! Jolliffs are back online. Excited for more updates. Love you!!!!!

Love,
Aunt Mindy
Jennifer said…
Glad to hear you are back online! Can't wait to see new pics and hear stories. Love you!
Mom said…
We've always been "connected"...just not through the www :) Anxiously waiting. Gr8 news.
Courtney Vencel said…
Whew!! I almost sent out a search party! so glad we can keep in touch now. God is so Good! Hugs to you all.
Sue and Art said…
Great posts Elizabeth - just catching up - great pictures of the kids. Imagine the things we take for granted (Internet) - glad it all worked out and you are "connected". Love to all
Mariss said…
I love that word, and mashallah I think too? I have a good friend from college who lives in Kuwait, and she taught us some beautiful things about her culture and language. Glad you got the internet!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025