Some Pictures


Hello!!  We do have Internet access but they turn it off during the sessions and we have to go to a public area when we are off our sessions.  So, it isn't the easiest.  But things won't be the easiest overseas either, so this is a good stretching/learning experience:)

I have lots of pictures to share over this last week.  Andrew wanted to dress like Jacob one day and really wanted their picture taken before heading to school.  Before school isn't typically a good time to do anything because we are always running late but I am glad we snapped this picture!
I have missed not being with Jacob during the day.  I miss all the boys, but certainly being away from Jacob isn't easy.  I can leave sessions anytime I need to so that I can feed him and sometimes I sneak a little cuddle and giggle time in.

Sam and Jacob playing together after school.


We saw a double rainbow one evening we were outside after the rain.  I could only get a portion of the rainbow but it was beautiful.  And, Sam learned about Noah and the ark that day at school.  God promises never to flood the earth again.  God is faithful to do as He says, not only with the flood but in all areas of life.

I really wanted to make another quilt but decided that I should learn to make something different that I could teach women.  I decided on the market bag.  It is fairly easy and would be great to go to the market and get whatever was needed.  I look forward to seeing how God uses my sewing for His purposes.

Sam had a run in with the scissors at school last Friday.  He said he "didn't want my bangs to get in my eyes."  Nice!  Needless to say, he had a "real" haircut the next morning!

My parents came in town last Friday evening for a short visit.  The boys were thrilled to see them and play in Grandpa Mark's truck!!

On Saturday, we went downtown to the Children's Museum.  It is set up like a city and was very age appropriate for Sam and Andrew.

At the farm section, Andrew milked a cow.  It was hard work but he was determined!

Sam played with Grandpa for a long time at the auto repair shop.  He was replacing the muffler and sliding out from under the car.  It was pretty cool!

Andrew played in the ambulance and pretended to be Dr. Timmons while he listened to baby doll with a stethoscope.

Sam recently has been pretending to be a teacher.  He likes me to be the student and him to be the teacher.  We played in the school room for some time and he even told me to get my comfort item for rest time!  I wish I had a rest time!!!

Jacob basically hung out with Grandpa or Grandma all day!

We put Andrew to work at the cash register so he could learn to earn his keep around here.






We finished the day by going next door to the Science Museum.  The IMAX theatre was playing "Born to by Wild".  I thought it was secret footage of our family but soon realized it was about monkeys and elephants... maybe it was our family?!?!  The boys loved it and so did the adults:)


On Sunday we received a good 4 inches of snow.  It was a nice heavy snow and the boys played outside for a while.


Sam lasted outside longer than Andrew.  He went down the sled a few times and thought it was a blast.  I doubt we will get much snow when we move, so it was fun to be outside in it.


Andrew enjoyed a s'more from our neighbors.  Definitely a perk of a cold, snowy day.

Jenn and Sam built a snowman the next day before the snow all melted off!

Jacob is learning to drink out of a sippy cup.  Basically he chews on the spout and then sometimes tips it up for some water.


The kids have had a great week at school.  Andrew has done well during drop off and learned about animals this week.  Sam is learning some Arabic and about a new country that one of his friends will be moving too and Jacob has taken wonderful naps and given them plenty of smiles in the nursery.

Hap has been sick all week and has basically been out of commission.  He got some antibiotics today, so should be feeling better soon!!  Our sessions this week have been about storying the Word, staying in love on the field, and the persecution.  

The persecution sessions broke my heart.  Today 10,000 brother and sisters will be brought in for questioning and some will be persecuted.  Thousands will be killed for their believes.  These believers count the cost of following the One True God and are willing to pay, whatever, the cost to make Him known.  

Humbling and challenging.

More to come on this...

"I have fought the good fight.  I have finished the race I have kept the faith."
2 Timothy 4:7




Comments

Jennifer said…
Great post! Thanks for sharing all the pictures!
Jennifer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Thank you for sharing about what you, Hap, and the boys all are doing each day in such an informative, uplifting way. We know we can trust our prayers to be answered to meet each need each day!

Your boys are precious, and your pictures are so wonderful!

Thanks again!
Courtney Vencel said…
Cutest teacher ever!! haha... Looks like fun had by all. Sam made me chuckle at his hair cutting pic! hehe. Oh jacob, you are such a charmer!! Miss you all. Praying your family!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update and the pictures. I like the West Virginia state phrase better as a description for your family, "Wild and Wonderful". Love, Dad P.
Mom P said…
Thank you for the way you capture your family and your weeks by words and pictures. We truly enjoyed our precious and few moments with you and the kiddos. Love and prayers....always.
Anonymous said…
So many things I want to say. Love Andrew and his overalls and his spiked hair. You have some serious skills and all your new friends are going to be so trendy with their bags, quilts and all the other things you will make! Praying for Hap as he recovers! Sam's bangs are awesome and his news desk cover (with sport coat) is classic. Now I just need to see a picture of your pretty face and all will be well.
Anonymous said…
Loved the update --- seems things are going well for the whole family.
Suzanne
Aunt Heather said…
Those boys can be anything when they grow up! Love the pictures and can't wait to see you all on Sunday :). Love you!
Mom J said…
Great update!Great museum to pretend to be so many different people. The world is ours to explore and learn. God is good and takes care of us all. Hope Hap is on the mend and no one else gets what he had.
Emily said…
I'm so jealous you got snow!! We only recieved a slight dusting from that storm. Love the pictures from the children's museum... I've heard it's really nice, but haven't been!
Aunt Bev said…
Thank you so much for the pictures and stories. We sure miss you guys, and treasure our times that we had together! I agree with Amanda - we want to see your face too Elizabeth!! The boys look wonderful - and we sure enjoyed the newsletter hap sent out! Give each other hugs and kisses for Uncle Gene and Aunt Bev!!
Denice said…
Love all the pictures! Glad you had a good time with your mom and dad.

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025