Whirlwind Week
We have certainly had a whirlwind of a week. We are still trying to get organized and I'm not yet:) Actually, I walked over to the computer lab to blog and realized that I forgot my password for my computer, so only an update and no pictures tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll get it together! ha
This week has been great for everyone. We arrived at the facility on Monday and had plenty of time to unload our things into our quad. We were given a three bedroom place to live, which was a surprise. We are in a quad with another married couple and four short-term journeygals. They are all so great and the boys have taken to each of them.
Tuesday was an off day to get settled and find our way around campus. It is beautiful out here. Plenty of places to run around, play grounds to play on and cows to look at. The boys are loving it.
They started school on Wednesday and Sam did great. Andrew cried at drop off and was all smiles when we picked him up. Jacob struggled to get on the nursery schedule but they said he was still really sweet! Sam has made some friends and on Friday when Hap dropped him off, he walked into the room and another little boy shouted "yea, Sam is here!"
These weeks are going to be intense but very meaningful as we prepare for the task ahead. Hap and I are in sessions from 8a-3p Monday through Friday. There are a few sessions on Saturday and after 3p that are optional or for one person to attend. I am so thankful that the organization has been sending people out for so many years and know what it takes to make us an effective cross-cultural worker. We have books to read, assignments to complete, accountability to be apart of and a small group to grow with.
We had an amazing time of small group fellowship this morning. Singing songs together with just our voices, reading from the Word and spending time lifting each other up. What a blessing and a privilege to be with these fellow believers! We will be meeting each Sunday morning with our small group for a time together of fellowship and then shortly through the week each day as well.
One of my favorite things said this week was about decluttering our lives. All 130ish of us have spent the last few months decluttering our lives. Going through our belongings and getting rid of or storing these items. We have ALL been busy. For me, my time with the Father has been lacking. Either short or not at all many days. I can feel it too! So they challenged us to declutter our souls so that God will fill us up. I love that! I want these weeks to be a time that I focus in on God's goodness and faithfulness. I want to declutter myself of things that aren't pleasing to Him. I want to be filled up so that when we go out, we are overflowing from the joy only He gives. I am looking forward to this. What a great challenge for us all!
This week has been great for everyone. We arrived at the facility on Monday and had plenty of time to unload our things into our quad. We were given a three bedroom place to live, which was a surprise. We are in a quad with another married couple and four short-term journeygals. They are all so great and the boys have taken to each of them.
Tuesday was an off day to get settled and find our way around campus. It is beautiful out here. Plenty of places to run around, play grounds to play on and cows to look at. The boys are loving it.
They started school on Wednesday and Sam did great. Andrew cried at drop off and was all smiles when we picked him up. Jacob struggled to get on the nursery schedule but they said he was still really sweet! Sam has made some friends and on Friday when Hap dropped him off, he walked into the room and another little boy shouted "yea, Sam is here!"
These weeks are going to be intense but very meaningful as we prepare for the task ahead. Hap and I are in sessions from 8a-3p Monday through Friday. There are a few sessions on Saturday and after 3p that are optional or for one person to attend. I am so thankful that the organization has been sending people out for so many years and know what it takes to make us an effective cross-cultural worker. We have books to read, assignments to complete, accountability to be apart of and a small group to grow with.
We had an amazing time of small group fellowship this morning. Singing songs together with just our voices, reading from the Word and spending time lifting each other up. What a blessing and a privilege to be with these fellow believers! We will be meeting each Sunday morning with our small group for a time together of fellowship and then shortly through the week each day as well.
One of my favorite things said this week was about decluttering our lives. All 130ish of us have spent the last few months decluttering our lives. Going through our belongings and getting rid of or storing these items. We have ALL been busy. For me, my time with the Father has been lacking. Either short or not at all many days. I can feel it too! So they challenged us to declutter our souls so that God will fill us up. I love that! I want these weeks to be a time that I focus in on God's goodness and faithfulness. I want to declutter myself of things that aren't pleasing to Him. I want to be filled up so that when we go out, we are overflowing from the joy only He gives. I am looking forward to this. What a great challenge for us all!
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:10
Comments
~Jess R
Thanks for the lesson :)