See You Again:)
Last night, we packed up the last of our belongings to be crated. Sam stayed with Grandma Betty, while Andrew decided to come home and fight the bad guys.
Never fear Andrew is here!!
He has lost his mask, but not his super powers! He can leap off couches, drink an unbelievable about of pink milk and stand on four wheelers... it's Andrew, the superhero!
Hap and I stayed up until 2am finishing up the crating organization. I also had an overwhelming urge to organize all of the boys pictures and the crafts they have made. I knew that if I didn't get them organized it would be years or never before I did. Two words of advice about this- 1) If you are going to do this for your kids, do it as you go. Don't wait until you are overwhelmed. 2) Don't try and do this the night before you are moving to the other side of the globe. Not smart!
This morning at 8am, Dave and Stan came to load up our belongings. It only took a little over an hour to load it up. From here, the truck remains sealed until tomorrow when the crate is put together and our belongings go directly into the crate. Stan, the mover, sealed the truck upon leaving and will build the crate but also be responsible for putting our belongings in the crate for storage. The crate will stay in storage until we get in country, then it will be loaded onto a ship and headed our way.
The boys were interested in the moving for a bit, then decided to play in the ditch in front of the house.
It is funny how memories come when you least expect it. When I was watching the boys play, I remember being around 5 or 6 and trying to learn to ride my bike on College Street. I had a blue bike and my dad was holding on tight. He must have thought I was ready, he let go and I steered the bike right into the ditch with water in it, the same ditch the boys were playing in! Sweet memories to be cherished.
When the truck drove away, all I could think of was "I hope to see you again!!!"
Jacob was totally bored with the packing this afternoon and fell asleep on the floor playing!
This evening, we headed up to Patoka to spend the evening. Jacob was giving Papa some big smiles!
Gigi and Sam played tractors.
Zeb and Hap had one more Nintendo game of "Techmo Bowl". Apparently a flash back to the 1980's, I barely remember the 80's but they enjoyed it. Hap won, and was pretty proud of it!
Grandma Jessica and the boys played tractor repair shop while Jill looked on. We had some good laughs with those boys playing together.
Wanna give a shout out to Zeb who reads the blog daily... commenting is easy Zeb. Just press the comment button at the bottom of this post and then pick anonymous to comment. Easy peasy:)
I was able to talk him into a picture with his mom and Hap. We said goodbye to Zeb and Jill tonight, but trust he will stay in contact via the blog.
Grandma Jessica and Papa's lap full of boys.
We have had a huge day but feel much relief after getting our boxes crated. Still work to be done and goodbyes to be said, but we are relying on God's grace to sustain us.
Hebrews 14:6
" Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Comments