Taste of Northside and Ethiopia

Today we had a great event at church called Taste of Northside and Ethiopia.  Basically, different women of the church made a dish and you got a small tasting of the dish.  This worked out wonderfully, because everyone was able to try everything!!  We had approximately 60 women at the event, a great turnout!  Since the "price of admission" was a children's book to be donated to Onesiumus in Ethiopia, the tables had books on them.  It turned out so cute!
The food tables.  We had 4 appetizers, 5 soups, 5 salads, plenty of deserts and some Ethiopian cuisine.
Just the perfect size to take one and sample.  Then there was plenty of leftovers to go back and have more if needed.  I had plenty with one plate, everything was so good!!  I would love to have some of the recipes.  I made Cowboy Salsa and included the recipe on the bottom of this post!
After Stephanie and I spoke about the 5 organizations we had the privilege of working with in Ethiopia with Hope for His Children, the women had a prayer time.  I am so thankful that I am surrounded by such Godly, prayerful women in our church.   To hear the sweet murmurs of prayers going up to the Lord is such a blessing.  We have been blessed to be apart of Northside!
Michelle and her husband Chad are the founders of Hope for His Children and we are so thankful she was able to make it to the event today!  I was telling Hap just last night that Michelle coming into our lives was because God wanted her and her family in our lives.  We have been blessed to know her for about the past four years and it has been so great to see her heart for the Lord deeply over the past year!
It was such an awesome morning/afternoon and makes me so grateful to have been apart of traveling to Ethiopia!

My recipe for the event was Cowboy Salsa, given to me by our great neighbor Norma!

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped celery
1cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 can light red kidney beans, green beans, waxed beans, white shoepeg corn, garbanzo beans and small peas.

Dressing:
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Drain all the beans/peas well and mix together.  Then stir in the onion, green pepper and celery.

Mix the dressing, being sure the sugar is fully dissolved before pouring over vegetables.

Stir dressing well with vegetables and let stand for several hours or overnight.  Stir the salad every so often to blend the dressing and the vegetables.

I served it with dip chips... Yummy!

Comments

Mom said…
I'm sorry I had to miss, I know it was an inspiring day. It's great to see Michelle again, even if it is just in your blog.
Simply Smith said…
it was such a great event! I'm so glad I was able to attend!!! We really loved hearing you guys share about your experience, and we appreciate so much more that you are continuing to work for the cause now that you are home, and are inviting all of us to do so as well!!!
Anonymous said…
Yesterday was such a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025