Make It Monday: Diaper Cake
Today I am going to show you how to make a diaper cake. A little over a week ago, Amanda and I hosted a baby shower for Tanya, who is expecting a girl in just a few days!! As part of the decorations we decided on a diaper cake. I had never made one before, but figured it was pretty easy.
So here is what you need... a platter to hold the cake, some pretty ribbon, scissors, a bottle of lotion or soap, diapers, string or curling ribbon and any decorations you may want to put on the cake.
First cut tons and tons of curling ribbon. The diaper cake had 80 diapers total, so cut the appropriate number of pieces.
Then roll your diapers up and tie them up. And roll and roll and roll....
After you have rolled all your diapers, put the lotion in the middle of the platter and start lining up your diapers around the lotion. To get the diapers to stay nice and tight, I would occasionally tie a piece of curling ribbon around the entire thing.
My first "layer" of the cake had three rolls of diapers. As you can see, tie a big piece of curling ribbon really tight around the layer.
To start your second "layer", use one diaper to cover up the lotion bottle, then start layering again. Mine had two rows of diapers.
Then to your final layer, it should look like this before you decorate it.
This cute, little ,crazy haired kid was interested in helping roll. He is available for rental on an hourly basis:)
Then decorate. I just tied the ribbon around and put big bows on (because I love big bows!) and then finished it off with sweet little shoes on top. You could use whatever you wanted to match your theme.
I feel one of these coming on for my sister-in-law!! I haven't mentioned it on here, but yep... Heather and Nathan are expecting a little one in July. We can hardly wait, it is going to be fun:)
So here is what you need... a platter to hold the cake, some pretty ribbon, scissors, a bottle of lotion or soap, diapers, string or curling ribbon and any decorations you may want to put on the cake.
The best part about giving a diaper cake for a present, you probably won't have to change a single diaper:) Happy Diaper Caking.
Comments
Did any of that make sense?
Great job as usual on your 'make it monday' series!
Love the cake...you did a great job!