Make It Monday: Crayons

Today I will show you a cheap and fun project to give as gift's for the children in your life. I decided to make crayons for the kids in Sam's preschool class. It is really easy and I'm sure you did something like this when you where little. Here goes...

Supplies:
Muffin container (mine is Christmas tree shaped)
Labels
Crayons
Gift Bags All you do is take the papers off your crayons and break them into pieces to fit into your muffin tins. Maybe your child will be willing to help you with this step... mine wasn't!!:)

Then, place them in the oven and heat until melted. It took about 12 minutes on 350 degrees. Let me warm you that it stinks while they are melting. Don't say I didn't warn you!
After they have melted, take out of the oven and place in the refrigerator to solidify. Again, this only took abour 15 minutes.

Pop them out and place them in your gift bags. Sam also picked out a fun coloring page to give to each of his friends that he placed in the gift bags. Label and you are done!! Easy and cheap, but fun:)

Happy Monday!!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Now that is just cute! Sam Jolliff gives the best pre-school gifts ever
Kelly said…
i love this idea! what a neat idea to have them be tree shaped!
Courtney said…
Clever!! and so easy! way to go martha :-)
Becky said…
I love this! So much that I may just make some for Ethan's multitude of cousins! You are so crafty.
Heather said…
What a cute idea! All the pre-schoolers will love their unique Christmas tree shaped crayons. I love your creativity -:).
Anonymous said…
Elizabeth - you are amazing -- where did you get all this creativity from --- oh I'm sure it was Betty --- I am quite impressed. Maybe all the old ladies at our shop would like to have a personalized crayon. Take care --- I check in often but don't respond often. I still have warm fuzzies from Sam putting his arm around me :)
Suzanne
Grandma J said…
Cute and clever! Sam will love taking gifts that he helped make!
Aunt Mindy said…
Impressed once again!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025