Playing Catch Up!

I do realize it has been over a week since I last blogged and now I am playing catch up on the blog.

Last Thursday, Sam, Andrew and myself headed to Salem for a visit. The main reason I went back to Salem was to spend an evening with Suzanne. Suzanne lives in Oregon and only gets home once or twice a year. She came over and the boys had fun with her. Suzanne played on the floor and enjoyed her helmet Sam gave her quiet a bit:) Notice how Sam's arm is around her!!

It was a great evening and I am so thankful Suzanne came over!!
While in Salem, we always go and visit my Grandma Rose. The boys have a blast at her house. They love to chase the cat around. Where is that cat anyway?
And then they enjoy a ride on Great Grandma Rose's walker. She pushed them all the way from her apartment to the front door. Pretty heavy load for a 90 year old!!:)
We also spent a couple hours in Patoka visiting. Sam was excited to watch for Hunter and Beau to get off the school bus with Gigi!
We stayed and watched the boys get off the school bus, they ate everything from ice cream to popcorn and then we headed out to see their new home. It is beautiful and I was glad to see it all moved in. Hunter gave Sam, Beau and Jennifer a quick mule ride before we headed back to Salem.
Andrew and Gigi just watched the mule ride! We are looking forward to seeing everyone again around Thanksgiving.
Back in Salem, we walked around "downtown" and Sam enjoyed a big chocolate milk at the Coffee Shoppe. I also saw the new mural they put where the old Sweney's building was. I don't know the entire history of the Sweney Corner, but I do remember running across the street while my mom was at the dentist and getting a nickle soda. The mural reminded me of what it used to be like in the "good ole days!" It will be a great reminder of the town's history for years to come!
The boys also spent lots of time just playing around at Grandma Betty and Grandpa Mark's house. We had great fun!

On Monday, Andrew had his 15 month Dr appointment, complete with three shots and an ear infection. He had a cold all weekend and I had no idea he had an ear infection. One dose of antibiotics cleared up that cold and hopefully his ear is completely healed as well. Andrew weighed in at 24lb 6oz (50%) and was 30.5 inches long (50%). Sam also was 30.5 inches at 15 months but was 2 lbs lighter:)
On Tuesday, Sam got his boot cast off and seems to be doing find with it. We don't have to bring him back to ortho unless he seems to have a problem, which he is doing fine! I'm glad the boot is off because we have enjoyed lots of outdoor time this week with the beautiful mild weather.
On Wednesday, we enjoyed some play time at the park. It was the first time in a while we had been to the park and the boys scattered in different directions:) We were fine obviously and had a fun time. I love watching Sam interact with other children and make new friends anywhere he goes. I also turned some guy into the park ranger for acting suspicious. Doing my civic duty!!
Thursday was a day full of Belle's Brunch prep with Amanda and working the evening shift for me. To say I am excited for our table would be an understatement!! And I must say I have really enjoyed going to work the last few times I have went. Sure, it is difficult to go but once I am at work I enjoy myself so much. Last week I delivered a baby since the midwife didn't get there and this week I had an emergent situation turn out well. Something new everyday and always amazed at God's handiwork with the birth of each baby. Truly amazing!!
Today was bible study and tonight is Parent's Night Out at the gym for the kiddos. I am not sure what Hap and I are doing yet, maybe just a night at home complete with sanding a side table I am refinishing!! We shall see.
I hope your week has been good. I have been so grateful for this weather this week and have been thanking the Lord for new blessings everyday!
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in you."
Isaiah 26:3

Comments

Anonymous said…
Delivering a baby is so cool!! Did you get your picture taken with him/her?
Courtney said…
What a great time had by all! Glad you are making those Salem and Patoka runs.. they love your boys soooooo! WOW... congrats on delivering baby! Cant wait to to hear about it.
Aunt Heather said…
Thank you for the blog post, I've been checking for updates every day -:). Looks like a fun weekend had by all. Can't wait to see you all next month, Happy Fall!
Mom said…
You wear many hats, Elizabeth...and quite well I must say!!! What did they name the baby?
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the updates! You do a great job at aeverything you do! Sorry we missed you last weekend!
Jennifer said…
We had a good time visiting last week and look forward to seeing you all around Thanksgiving.

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025