Make It Monday: Banana Bread
I have decided to add a new feature to my blog called Make It Monday! Each Monday I will feature something that I have made. It might be something I baked, sewed or crafted in some way. I will try it out for about a month and if I can keep up with it, I will continue it!!
Banana Bread!! Yummy. I made this for Sunday School breakfast, but wrapped in a nice holiday towel with a ribbon around it, this banana bread loaf would make a great present for a neighbor for Christmas!
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups overripe mashed bananas
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease (and I flour) a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir this mixture into the flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes and turn onto rack to completely cool.
Tips:
It tastes great warm but it easier to cut cooled.
You will need to refrigerate this bread!!
Enjoy and let me know what you think about Make It Monday:)
Banana Bread!! Yummy. I made this for Sunday School breakfast, but wrapped in a nice holiday towel with a ribbon around it, this banana bread loaf would make a great present for a neighbor for Christmas!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups overripe mashed bananas
Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease (and I flour) a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir this mixture into the flour mixture; stir until just moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes and turn onto rack to completely cool.
Tips:
It tastes great warm but it easier to cut cooled.
You will need to refrigerate this bread!!
Enjoy and let me know what you think about Make It Monday:)
Comments
love your header picture...what charmers they are!