Applesauce Meatballs

Ok, my apology for not blogging more last week. With the amount of time we spent outside because of the beautiful weather, the time I was inside was spent cleaning, doing laundry and what not. That did not leave much time for blogging. However, I did want to share a yummy recipe that I made with my applesauce I made last week. They are applesauce meatballs. My mom used to make this growing up and this was the first meal I made for Hap and I after we got married. Sam LOVED it and Andrew ate some too:)
Ok, so here is the recipe.
Beat together 1 egg and 1/2 cup milk.
Add 1 1/2 cup prepared stuffing to mix above and let stand for 5 minutes.
Then add 1 1/2 lb ground beef, 2/3 cup applesauce, 3 tablespoon chopped onion, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, 1/4 teaspoon sage. Shape into balls. This made around 20 good sized meat balls. If you want to make ahead, stop at this point and refrigerate or freeze.
To finish them off, mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup water. Spoon over meatballs.
Bake for 350degrees for 1 hour. This is good with rice.
Enjoy:)
P.S.- The picture looks gross, but give them a try and you will like them!!

Comments

Mom J said…
Glad you enjoyed the beautiful weather and am very glad you are blogging again! New dish to try!
Courtney said…
Yummy!! Way to go using fav recipes...Mom Purcell knows her stuff! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025