Apple Works

This morning we headed to the apple orchard to meet our dear friends, Lucas, Micah, Caleb and Susan. Sam was excited about seeing his friends and talked about them the whole way down. The orchard was neat, with lots to do. The boys enjoyed the barn to climb around in, complete with rope swings! We probably spent the most time by the animals. They had goats, a turkey, peacocks, sheep and more. Andrew was enthralled by this baby goat. I love this picture of him looking at the goat:)
Micah and Sam had fun "feeding" the calf. At one point I heard one of the boys tell the other one to "pick the cows nose." I was scared to look and see if the other boy did.

The best I could do with five wild boys! It turned out precious!!
It was special today because the train was operating. Usually it just operates on the weekend, but a school group was present and we also where able to have a ride. Everyone enjoyed it.

The orchard was beautiful!
I came home with 1 peck of apples, what beauties!! Look for some apple recipes this week on my blog as I cook with them!
We had a wonderful day and it was special to meet up with friends.

Comments

courtney said…
What a fun day!! Love the Boots Sam :-)
amyp said…
I have a great recipe for apple-cranberry bread if you want it. We picked apples with our small group friends last year, and I had waaaay too many, so I made 4 loaves of bread to freeze!
Bobrowski's said…
I agree...darling picture of Andrew and the goat! Also love the picture of the 5 boys! Fun time of year approaching with fall and the holidays!
Anonymous said…
Fun times! Love that picture with all of the boys.
Aunt Heather said…
The boys are so adorable together. You will have lots of good pictures for their wives-to-be later in life -:). See you in a couple of weeks!
Grandma J said…
Five friends for life! Of course, it never hurts that their moms and dads are friends too! Great you can get together! More recipes, please.

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025