Mission: Declutter!

Yep, you read it right... I have been decluttering the kitchen and the two hall closets. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in just a short amount of time and how cluttered everything gets. I'm even embarrassed to show you some of the before pictures, but definately not of the after pictures. This all came about last week when my dear friend Susan stated she was decluttering so I thought I would join her in the efforts.

(The before pictures are on top and the after pictures are on bottom)
Here is one of our kitchen cabinets. While I didn't get rid of much here, I just reorganized. Our sippy cup collection has become impressive and out of control, so they were sorted through and some tossed if they were old.

This cabinet is impressive. This is our spice/baking needs cabinets. It was wild in there!! Some of the spices I am embarrassed to say expired in 2006. YUCK, my apologies if you have eaten here since 2006 because I know I have used them. I also moved our medicines into the medicine cabinet, what a novel idea, and freed up lots of space!!

This one is totally sad because you shove and close. It's just ridiculous. So, I straighted up and got rid of many things we don't use in this cabinet. There were things I have never used since moving into this house and if I haven't used them, I'm not keeping them. Look at all the space we now have!!

I also cleared off the top of the refrigerator which seems to accumulate odds and ends that we don't want the boys to reach, but it isn't too bad, so no pictures for you. The other area I organized was the coat closet and the linen closet. The coat closet still needs work, I mean, how many coats can one person have... alot and too many. Here is the linen closet. I just really reorganized and got rid of some older towels and older pillows to clear up some space. We even have an emply shelf:)

It feels great to be clearing out the clutter in our house. We are so blessed and have so much, but sometimes it's just too much!

Next- Mission: Declutter our closet and room


Posted by Picasa

Comments

amyp said…
You should see how much we have thrown out as we unpack boxes here in our (smaller) house! Wish you lived next door so we could have a huge yard sale!! :)
Bobrowski's said…
An empty shelf...GASP...what will you put on it :) It's always nice to declutter...it's a constant work in progress to pair down to what we really need...not WANT!
Mom said…
Wowzie!!! You go girl :)
Anonymous said…
Elizabeth - in some sick way I love to declutter and organize. That really should have been my profession. I drive Don and our employees crazy at the bagel shop because I am always moving and organizing. A strange addiction - I guess it could be worse. Looks good and feels great I am sure. Suzanne
Heather P. said…
Decluttering does run in the Purcell family genes I see -:). Getting rid of things is one of our favorite things to do, and what do you know...it's spring time and time for another spring cleaning. Not a bad trend to start at all. Glad to see you can declutter with two little boys and one big boy!
Anonymous said…
Yay for mission Declutter! Honestly, you probably should have given me those expired spices!
Mom J said…
Good job! I bet you would have a heyday in my cabinets. I need to take your initiative and get to decluttering!
Courtney said…
Way to go Elizabeth! Ohh I love the feeling of getting rid of things and making room. Its a refreshing feeling that I love! I cant wait to move and feel like that even more.. Take care
Susan J said…
Whoa! I am very impressed!! Nice work, friend!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025