Weekend Stuff

As I sit here tonight, I am exhausted!! Not only physically tired but mentally as many things are running through my mind. I sit in the quiet of the house absorbing and pondering all that Hap and I have learned over the last few days during our Missions Expo.

We left of Thursday for Louisville to attend and left the boys at home in the capable hands of my dad. It wasn't easy leaving, especially since this was the first time leaving Andrew and he is still nursing. All went well on the home front which made it easier for Hap and I to be away. At the expo, we learned about this specific organizations strategy, mission and vision. It was powerful! We also had an interview and small group interactions with other applicants. There are many people and few jobs due to decreased financial giving. We left excited about going and serving overseas in an effort share the name of Jesus with those who have never heard, not once. For us, the next step is waiting to hear from the organization in the next 30days. They will let us know if they want to continue with us to pursue international missions or if now isn't the time. From there, since all of our application material is submitted, we would start working on job matching. We will continue this process and have a greater understanding of where we feel called to serve after our trip in June to Southeast Asia. There are no jobs for 2010 and some for 2011, so this is still a process that we will wait on.

I don't take this time of waiting lightly. I will pray. I will seek. I will wrestle with thoughts and fears. I will be excited. I will have peace. And I will ultimately know that God's will is to be done for His glory and honor. Please pray along with us.

"I wait for the Lord; I wait, and put my hope in His word." Psalms 130:5
"But how can they call on His in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe without hearing about Him? And how can they hear without a preacher? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written : How welcome are the feet of those who announce the gospel of good things." Romans 10:14-15

Comments

Mom & Dad P. said…
Our prayers are with you.
Mom & Dad P. said…
Our prayers are with you.
Bobrowski's said…
WOW! Keep us posted on the goings on...glad you had a wonderful experience and learned more information!
Uncle Nathan and Aunt Heather said…
We are so excited for this opportunity that God has invited you to become involved with. You are all in our prayers and we love you!
Anonymous said…
What a great post. I will be praying for y'all too!
Mom and Dad J. said…
God is good and takes care of us all! Prayers are with you!

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025