Frustration.

Let me first start this blog posting by saying that I'm not in a bad mood. In fact, I'm in a pretty good mood. However, there are a few things I must get off my chest. These things have been bothering me for sometime, but tonight was the tipping point for me. Typically, going to the grocery store is an ok experience but a few things erk me so badly. Starting before I even get inside the store...
1. Slanted parking spaces- It is obvious which direction the parking spaces are facing and people continually go down the wrong direction and either get mad at you for going the right direction OR try and maneuver their car to get into the parking spot the "right" way. If you don't see tail lights, you are going the wrong way. Not that difficult. These people are usually about 97 years old or talking on their cell phone, which brings me to point
2. Blue tooth devices- You know that I'm talking about, the device that you can barely see that goes in the ear so that you can talk "hands free" on your cell phone. I hate those in the store. Especially when people are having private conversations, usually way to loud. I go to the grocery store to well, buy groceries, not tell the whole world what I did that past Saturday night or divulge inappropriate information.
3. The check out people- that is if it isn't just all self scans. Tonight the checker and the bagger (which is rare to have a bagger too) where talking about someone "getting jumped at the bus stop" and their "pooh bear tattoo" Seriously. Can't that wait until I'm gone. They didn't say one word to me except to tell me how much I owed and I imagine if it wasn't completely inappropriate she would have preferred to just point at the cash register and continue talking about "her socks and flip flops." Errrrr.
4. Lastly, opening a product/or sampling a product before check out- You don't own that product. If you are "testing" the grapes, you are stealing them because that grape bundle is priced by the weight. And those crackers you open up and snack on aren't yours yet, you have to pay for them. That drives me crazy.
Ok, so enough of my ranting and back to normal blog stuff with my next post!!:)

Comments

Bobrowski's said…
Have you tried shopping for groceries online? Kidding! I wish we could just enjoy shopping and talking with people the way our parents probably shopped for groceries 'way back when' :)
-Kelly said…
you crack me up... and also so glad we don't grocery shop together! I'm a total "snack in the store" mom. We open things all the time.. hey- it makes the kids happy and makes for a more peaceful shopping trip. I also talk on my cell (sans bluetooth though) and am completely oblivious most times to which way I should go down the parking lot. seem- I'm your worst nightmare. :)
Grandma J said…
Put on your gospel armour, each piece put on with prayer... sing and pray this song before you go to the grocery store next time. In a smaller town you still get greeted with a smile and run into lots of friendly faces. Sometimes it takes more time than you planned because you see more people than you thought especially if you are in a hurry. Have a great day. Love Mom J
Emily said…
Oh, I totally agree with you! And I also hate it when people start eating the food before they buy it! Especially the grapes, it usually deters me from buying grapes that day! I always tell the kids that eating the food before we pay for it is stealing... I mean hey, if I don't have my debit card in my wallet, then that would be stealing! And I must give you kuddos for going shopping at night! You are brave my dear! Especially when the cashier and bagger are talking about someone being jumped at the bus stop. I'ld be bookin' it to my car!!
Anonymous said…
oh i totally agree!!! grrrrr.
Anonymous said…
Hilarious! PS - I don't know what is worse...cashier not speaking or the cashier that was telling the man behind me that it was her time of the month.

TMI!
Courtney said…
Ohhh ma'am! I think you need to go get Coldstone creamery fast! haha. Whoooa, glad you vented! I agree on many of those too. It was all well said. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

AJ Early Bird

Uncle Nathan, Aunt Heather and Caleb Visit

First Day or School 2025